Discover more from Holy Sip
Weekly newsletter: Loud Noises!
So, I've realized that people think I'm funny not because I'm actually funny, but because of the ridiculousness that happens to me. Or maybe it's how I react to it...the very visible reaction that comes across my face as I'm trying to piece together how to react to a situation.
1. I'm the neighbor that doesn't like loud noises. I absorb sounds easily and being at home...alone...with no possible interruption is one of my greatest joys. It's how I recharge since I have to be around people all the time. So when music drifts through the walls of my loft, I can feel it slowly attacking my sanity. The other night, around 11:30pm after I'd already turned in for the night, I heard an intense amount of unexpected music. Once I realized that I wasn't going to escape the sound, and it was coming from the unit above me, I decided to crawl out of bed and go upstairs. In the two years that I've lived here, this hasn't happened before. I knocked (politely) on the door. About a minute passed and then the noise intruder answered...completely naked. And when I say naked, I do mean naked. I couldn't understand it. So here I was having a conversation about turning down the music just a wee bit while I was also trying to figure out why this man answered his door naked...And of course I knew him! He was the sous chef for a chef that did a pop up at Studio No. 7 and he just moved into the building. Yes, this is my life.
2. This was a great article on The Future of Food in the Age of Instagram and Netflix. It also led me to this article about a study on dining with your phone. They found that the group that dined without their phones ended up enjoying their meal more. The group that kept them out reported being more distracted, more tense and more bored. While I do think it was a bit skewed, it makes sense to me. But I've long been concerned by how social media is affecting us.
3. I'm taking another inspiration trip soon. My trip to Asia (Thailand, Japan, Malaysia, and Singapore) last year was so magical and it really shaped my growth over these past nine months. I'm really excited for a new adventure and what comes out of it. Can you guess where I'm going? Here's the answer.
4. Speaking of Asia, I finally got my appetite back yesterday. I ordered some Indian food from Aamar, one of my go to spots for delivery. And it just isn't because they deliver. The food is great. (I think 6pm is their sweet spot). Yesterday was no different. After subsisting on oatmeal and soup for a week (and not really being able to taste it), it was so amazing to be able to taste an explosion of spices.
5. I was a guest on my second podcast last Sunday. I'm really starting to enjoy these. I don't know when I decided that I have a lot to say, but I do. At first I didn't realize that this was being videotaped. As I look at the video now, I realize that this was the first day that I was getting sick. Smh. Check it out here.
6. How am I just discovering Earl Nightingale? This talk on success is a new favorite.
Hope you guys are having a great week! If you happen to see Spring, please tell him I'm looking for him.